Custom Email Address / Microsoft Email Account Configuration
Replying FROM your CUSTOM email address using your EXISTING Microsoft account (Hotmail, Live, Outlook, etc.):
(This first part you only ever need to do once)
- Log in to your Microsoft account (Hotmail, Live, Outlook, etc.) on your desktop.
- Select the icon on the top, right-hand side of the screen where your name and profile photo are displayed and select Account settings
- Under the Account aliases section, select Add or change aliases
- On the resulting page select Add alias
- On the next page click the circle beside Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias
- Enter your custom email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) then hit the Add alias button
- If your custom email address is already forwarding to your existing Microsoft account (Hotmail, Live, Outlook, etc.) email address, check your inbox for a verification email
- In the email received with the subject line, Confirm your email address for your Microsoft account, select the link below the words If you added this email address as an alias, use this link to verify to verify that you want this
(This second part you may need to do when you want to send FROM your custom email address)
When composing a new email message or replying to an email message received you will now see a dropdown arrow beside your name in the composition window. Select the name you want to send from and you’re set!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.