Pricing & Policies
Reviewed/Current as of 2016/12/17
You Are Choosing to Work with an Independent Small Business
First and foremost, we thank you! At the forefront of our mind is our gratitude that you have chosen JensenWorks to provide you with marketing-related services. Just to make sure we are all on the same page, please remember that by working with JensenWorks you are choosing to work with an independent, small business. As such, please be aware that in order for us to do the best job possible for you, it is ideal for us and for you that we not be hindered in any way, particularly by misunderstanding what it means to be an independent, small business. In fact, we work with a lot of independent, small businesses and we would encourage you to copy, paste and share this paragraph of info to your clients as well! To ensure that our working relationships all remain smooth and unencumbered by any confusion, we work hard to avoid any special considerations, “deals”, or concessions to do so. We stand proudly and firmly behind the following key policies that we too must adhere to without exception and in turn, we respectfully must request that our clients adhere to the same policies.
- We require a retainer or payment in full, whichever is agreed upon, prior to commencement of every project.
- Time is our primary commodity. Whether we are conversing in person, by phone, email, text, instant message, or any other communication method, if it’s about your project it counts towards the time invested in your project.
- We do not take part in any speculative, future consideration, or commission-based projects.
We have put this page together to provide you with a clear overview of the specific services we provide and the service and payment policies we employ. Note that these policies – as well as anything else we provide direct links to – can be accessed via forthcoming and public-facing links from any page within our website. Through this page we also aim to pre-answer some of the most common questions that people have. Typically a PDF version of this page as it appears at the time of your project commencement will be provided to you via email for your permanent record and so that you can refer back to it “as it appeared” on that day, thus eliminating any possibility of the modification of content herein after the fact. Please note that not all of these policies apply to all projects when appropriate as some projects do not involve certain items listed herein.
We have also put this page together to provide you with a clear overview of the typical costs as well as to pre-answer some of the most common questions that people have when it comes to developing websites. When it comes to website and logo development, the cost is fairly consistent from one project to the next, with prices falling under 3 categories: flat rate/one time, flat rate/annual and variable rate/one time. The following table outlines the typical cost of a website, including logo development and all of the features listed below. For a more in-depth explanation of everything listed below, see the “Overview & Explanation of Features” video further down this page.
1. General Policies
- We operate with integrity and transparency at all times. If you have a question or if something is not clear, please ask.
- Credit Card payments are subject to an additional 3.5% charge (shown as an amendment to original invoice upon completion of processing).
- We require payment of estimate or invoice in full prior to commencing work.
- Estimates are usually within +/- 10%.
- We have a “no questions asked” policy when it comes to billing. If you feel that we have charged too much (or too little!) for anything, simply let us know and we will adjust accordingly – no questions asked!**
- A detailed overview of your project requirements will result in a better estimate.
- Unless otherwise discussed, a proper pre-estimate will be provided by email when ready.
- An industry-leading project management system is employed to track all projects.
- Date, time and hours/minutes accumulated are recorded for each session worked.
- A refund or a credit on account (your choice) will be provided upon completion (if under estimate).
- No more than 10% over estimate will be charged upon completion (if estimate is exceeded) unless discussed previously at an appropriate interval prior to completion.
- If you already have a domain name, the charge for configuration only (to work with our hosting) is $12.50 + GST.
- Requests made and completed outside of the scope of the project to which the estimate applies will be billed at $100.00 per hour + GST.
- If applicable, a series of brief screencast tutorial videos are provided to you upon completion of your project, allowing you to learn very quickly how to perform procedures such as, but not limited to logging in and maintaining your website as well as how to use your website to post to social media, etc.
- Our preferred method for payment is INTERAC e-Transfer, however, other options are available. The email address, security question and answer to the security question will be provided to you for the INTERAC e-Transfer.
- While every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained herein is both current and accurate, occasionally adjustments may be made to better clarify certain items or to add information about new service offerings or to remove information about service offerings that are no longer available.
2. Website and Logo Development
(For non-website, logo and/or social media-related projects, please feel free to skip to section 3.)
When it comes to website and logo development, the cost is fairly consistent from one project to the next, with prices falling under 3 categories: flat rate/one time, flat rate/annual and variable rate/one time. The following table outlines the typical cost of a website, including logo development and all of the features listed below. For a more in-depth explanation of everything listed below, see the “Overview & Explanation of Features” video further down this page.
Typical Website, Logo, Social Media Cost Scenario
The following is an example of what a typical cost scenario would look like, just to give you an idea. Your estimate and/or invoice may differ from the following example, but this is a very typical scenario for almost all websites we do +/- 10% or so.
|Domain Name Registration Service||$12.50||flat rate/annual|
|Domain Name Registration Reimbursement||$20.10||flat rate/annual|
|Website Hosting (avg.)||$59.40 (avg.)||flat rate/annual|
|Website Hosting, Email & Foundation Configuration||$150.00||flat rate/one time|
|Logo / Look / Brand Development (avg.)*||$150.00||variable rate/one time|
|Website Development (avg.)*||$1,900.00||variable rate/one time|
|Social Media Setup, Customization & Integration||$100||flat rate/one time|
|Sub Total (approx.)||$2,392.00|
NOTE: * Price fluctuates depending on going rate for registration and actual development time.
Still have questions? Did we miss something? No problem! Ask Us Anything!
All Websites Feature
- 2-Factor Authentication
- CAPTCHA on Login
- Login Attempt Limiting
- Change Detection Monitoring
- Uptime Monitoring
- Detailed Traffic Statistics
- Automatic Core Upgrades
- Managed Plugin Upgrades
- Managed Theme Upgrades
- Obfuscated Admin Credentials
- Multi-Device-Friendly Design
- And So Much More!
Our websites are always up-to-date, always secure and
always ready to provide you with the analysis you need.
If you are wanting to do an initial consultation, we are happy to do so! We do require payment at the time of booking. The price for the initial consultation is $100 + GST and is non-refundable if you are a “no show” or do not contact us 24 hours prior to our booked time. The maximum time for each appointment is 1 hour to 1 and a half hours. It is very important to us for you to get the most out of your appointment and as such will suggest that you come armed with questions you’d like to ask and information you’d like to gather. You will be provided with a sound recording of our time together as a value added bonus. Our gift to you! You can then review our talk together at your own convenience. The information you’ll receive will serve as a mini training session which we know you will find valuable. If you decide to continue with our services, we will happily take this cost off of the estimate for your specific project. If you decide to go elsewhere with your project, we completely understand. You still get to keep your recording of our meeting and all the information contained within. Either way we wish you and your business all the very best.
3. Sound Good? Let’s Get Started!
Unless previously agreed in person or by email, if you have read and understand the above and received your preliminary estimate/invoice, please complete the following form to let us know and if applicable we will convert the estimate provided to an invoice!
Thank you for choosing JensenWorks Technology. We are kept busy and alive almost exclusively by your many referrals! We appreciate it so much, we can’t thank you enough!
**Excludes anything of a fixed cost or expense, such as domain name reimbursement or flat rate items agreed to by way of agreement to the estimate.